Cord tissue is tissue in the cord that connects the baby to mom during the pregnancy and refers to only the tissue of the umbilical cord (not the blood inside of it). Your child’s umbilical cord tissue, also known as Wharton’s Jelly, contains an abundance of precious stem cells. These stem cells are different from the stem cells found in cord blood. Cord blood collected from the umbilical cord and placenta are Hematopoietic (HSC) stem cells, and develop into blood cells. Cord tissue, or Mesenchymal (MSC) stem cells, can help heal bodily tissue or organs.
What can Cord Tissue Stem Cells do?
The stem cells in cord tissue for example, could potentially help heal bodily tissue or organs that are damaged. Treatments are becoming more available in such therapeutic areas including Alzheimer’s disease, lung injury, heart disease, and spinal cord injury. That is why parents, like you, are making the decision to store their baby’s cord blood and tissue.
Research is finding them to be ideal for regenerative medicine. These stem cells have the ability to go directly to the site of an injury to promote healing. New applications for stem cells are being discovered every day and the potential for treatment of many more diseases and disorders are growing steadily .
What Does USACordBank Offer?
Our industry leading scientists have introduced significant advances in stem cell recovery and by that, offering first-rate medical science.
- Our Doctors developed the process of stem cell isolation from cord tissue prior to cryopreserving. This method insures that that cord tissue is not simply frozen, making the longevity of this tissue, uncertain. We developed the process to extract & isolate those specialized stem cells derived only from cord tissue and store them in vials to ensure longevity of the stem cells for future use.
- We are the only company to isolate and then bank the cord blood in 5 separate vials. So if samples are needed, the remaining batch can remain undisturbed, at a perfect constant temperature
Clinical Trials with stem cells from Cord Tissue
- Diagnosis Allogeneic
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Aplastic Anemia
- Ataxia (Hereditary)
- Cerebral Palsy
- Diabetes, Type 1
- Graft-versus-Host Disease (GvHD)
- Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE)
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury
For a complete List of visit ClinicalTrials.gov
- Learn More: The Advantages of Cord Blood
- Learn more: Cord Blood vs Cord Tissue
- Learn more: What is Cord Blood
- Learn More: Public vs Private Cord Banks
[standout-css3-button href=”http://www.usacordbank.com/cord-blood-storage-pricing/”]Select Your Plan[/standout-css3-button]